Finding a name for a cat may be a hard nut to crack. Not because there are no inspirations around – but because there are too many! The best is to first choose a category to focus on. Disney universe is a good lead since it doesn’t lack vibrant characters, after which your cat could inherit a name. Looking through the decades of Walt Disney’s film studio’s presence on the market, we’ve gathered the coolest name ideas that will work not only for Disney fans.
So, let’s get started. The cat names below are obviously just suggestions. If you have your favorite Disney film or series that wasn’t listed below, don’t hesitate to draw inspiration from it!
Figaro – a flag Disney cat
You may not recall this name, but you’d most likely recognize this cute cat right away. Figaro is a Disney character that appears in many films created by this film studio. This black cat with some white patches was first drawn for the purposes of 1940 Pinokio. It regularly appears in Mickey Mouse Club as a friend of Pluto and Minnie Mouse’s pet.
Not everyone knows that Disney’s favorite pet has become the symbol of the fight against nazism in the 40s. British Royal Air Force would paint Figaro destroying swastika on their fighter jets. Perfect name for a brave pet!
Cat names inspired by the characters from traditional Disney animations
In the childhood of most people who grew up in the nineties or in the earlier decades, Disney would have a special place. The golden era of traditionally animated films has come to an end in the early two-thousands when Pixar – which soon got incorporated in Disney – has caught the audience’s attention with its bold computer graphics. The films like Toy Story or Finding Nemo have brought fame to Pixar and made computer animation a thing.
However, some conservative Disney fans claim that the only true Disney animations are those traditionally drawn. Between the thirties and the end of the nineties, this iconic film studio has released hundreds of traditional full-length animations that became a part of pop culture – and aged really well!
#1 Snow White
Did you know that this film was actually made in 1937? Snow White is a cute name for a white furry sleepyhead, but you can go further and use the seven dwarfs’ names. They’re quite descriptive, to say the least – but sometimes, simplicity is the best choice!
#2 The Lion King
Who hasn’t cried their eyes out on this beautifully animated film at least once? Mufasa’s death is actually considered the most heartbreaking film scene of all time. And even though the computer-animated version had its premiere not that long ago, the audience still remembers the stunning original.
Since the wild cats are all over the place in this film, it’s a true gold mine for meaningful Disney cat names! Who was your favorite character in the Lion King? We’ve gathered most of them to make it easier for you:
# The Aristocats
This animation may not be as famous as the previous two, but in terms of the Disney cat names, it’s the widest repository you can find! The plot follows the story of the cat family that inherits a fortune after its caregiver. All the characters carry aristocratic, graceful names perfect for the furry princes and princesses. Take:
Names for a female cat inspired by Disney’s princesses
When talking about Disney, it’s hard not to mention the princesses! They’ve become Disney’s trademark. Some are inspired by the characters from the Grimm brothers’ fairytales and other old stories and legends, while others are products of Disney’s screenwriters’ imagination.
Many of them are contrary to the lovely princess stereotype. Fearless and rebellious, they’re fighting the good fight. Some, like Mulan, break the social patterns and fight for emancipation.
Here are some examples of the most remembered Disney princesses:
- Esmeralda (The Hunchback of Notre Dame, 1996)
- Bella (Beauty and the Beast, 1991)
- Anastasia (Anastasia, 1997)
- Ariel (A Little Mermaid, 1989)
- Pocahontas (Pocahontas, 1995)
- Jasmina (Alladin and the King of the Thieves, 1996)
- Tiana (The Princess and the Frog, 2009)
- Moana (Moana, 2016)
- Cinderella (Cindirella, 1950)
- Aurora (The Sleeping Beauty, 1959)
- Mulan (Mulan, 1998)
- Elsa (Frozen, 2013)
Disney male cat names
Princesses are a great inspiration, but your male furry buddy also deserves a Disney name! Fortunately, the iconic film studio gave birth to a lot of brave and vibrant male characters. Who of them could you name your kitty after? There are many cool options that don’t necessarily come from princes.
- Beast (Beauty and the Beast,
- Pinokio (Pinokio,
- Peter Pan (Peter Pan, 1953)
- Baloo (The Jungle Book,
- Mushu (Mulan, 1998)
- Tarzan (Tarzan, 1999)
- Buzz Astral (Toy Story (1995)
- Rex (Toy Story, 1995)
- Quasimodo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame, 1996)
- Bambi (Bambi, 1942)
- Stitch (Lilo and Stitch, 2002)
- Nemo (Finding Nemo, 2003)
You could also name your cat after the most famous Disney… dogs. It could be a fun idea to name the kitten Goofy or Pluto. Or, turn the naming on its head and choose the name of a Disney mouse – Minnie or Mickey.
Disney villain cat names
The cats can be cute and lovely, but sometimes they do everything to test your patience. And that’s what we love them for! Choosing a Disney villain name can be a fun way to underline your cat’s temper.
- Cruella de Vil, or just Cruella
- Scar (The Lion King, 1994)
- Ursula (The Little Mermaid, 1989)
- Hades (Hercules, 1997)
- Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame, 1996)
- Captain Hook, or just Hook (Peter Pan, 1953)
- Balthazar (Aristocats, 1970)
- Prince John (Robin Hood,
- Dog Names From Movies: Famous Furry Companions From TV and Movie-Inspired Pet Names to Give Your Pooch
- Disney dog names – is it a good idea to base your pup’s name on a Disney character?
- The Aristocats cat names & other Disney inspirations for naming your kitten
- 101 Dalmatians Dog Names: The Full List of Revealed Puppy Names That You Give Your Own Dog
- Best Halloween Dog Names: Spooky and Funny Ideas. Choose the Best Halloween-Themed Dog Name for Your Pup
- +50 name ideas for your black and white puppy
- Good boy dog names – 50+ ideas for naming the male dog
- Siamese cat name ideas perfect for your kitten