Have you dreamt as a child that you’d receive a letter from Hogwarts one day? Numerous kids would share the same dream sparked by the insanely popular Harry Potter series. Even if it didn’t come true, the nostalgia remained!
So, why don’t you look back and search for a name for your cat in the favorite wizardry or witchcraft series? Actually, there were quite many, particularly in the nineties and the aughts. Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Charmed, W.I.T.C.H – there is a bunch of inspiring series to choose from.
Ready? Let’s find a witchy name for your cat!
Sailor moon inspired cat name ideas
Witches are not a Western domain – just take a look at anime, where the supernatural powers are bread and butter. Do you remember which one of these girls was your favorite?
- Sailor Moon – Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon, main protagonist of the series, compassionate and loving girl)
- Sailor Venus – Minako Aino (Sailor Venus, a dreamer that aims for a singer career)
- Sailor Mercury – Ami Mizuno (an intelligent, quiet bookworm)
- Sailor Jupiter – Makoto Kino (independent orphan that loves gardening and has down to earth dreams)
W.I.T.C.H inspired cat name ideas
W.I.T.C.H received international acclaim as a manga, but soon it also got adapted for the screen. Same as in Sailor Moon, the W.I.T.C.H girls have magical powers – but related to the five elements.
- Irma (Irma Lair, clumsy and friendly, her element is water)
- Will (Will Vandom, a leader of W.I.T.C.H, an empathetic and quiet girl, her element is energy)
- Cornelia (Cornelia Hale, an elegant, graceful girl, her element is earth)
- Taranee (Taranee Cook, timid and clever, her element is fire)
- Hay Lin (cheerful, careless, and creative, her element is air)
- Elyon (the light of Meridian, a mysterious girl with magical powers, a best friend of Cornelia)
Winx Club inspired cat name ideas
Winx Club was another popular animated series about teenage witches that followed the popularity of W.I.T.C.H. If you used to like it, here’s a little reminder about the main characters:
Sabrina the Teenage Witch cat name ideas
Probably one of the most famous witches ever. Recently, this popular TV show had a remake called The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. But many fans of Sabrina are staunch supporters of the original.
- Salem Saberhaggen
- Aunt Hilda
- Aunt Zelda
Charmed cat name ideas
Charmed is another classic we cannot skip in this article. Do you remember the three sisters trying to live a regular life in San Francisco while fighting otherworldly forces and solving magical puzzles? Phoebe, Piper, and Prue – those were their names. Which one was your favorite?
Harry Potter cat names
And now – crème de la crème! Reading this series about the alternative world in which magic exists has become a generational experience for the kids born in the nineties. And it didn’t get old – till this day, it continues inspiring the new generations. J.K Rowling has managed to create a complete universe, which was later brought to the screens by various directors, including Chris Columbus and Alfonso Cuaron.
Have you been a Harry Potter fan yourself? Or maybe you continue to be? Choosing an HP-inspired cat name will be a perfect way to underline it. If you’ve already forgotten most of the characters, we’ve got you covered! They must be familiar to you.
Harry Potter female witch names:
- Hermione (Hermione Granger, one of the main protagonists, the best friend of Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, clever and talented young witch)
- Luna ( Luna Lovegood, a mysterious dreamer, an excentric girl that becomes one of Harry’s best friends later in the series)
- Cho (Cho Chang, the first love of Harry Potter and a girlfriend of Cedric Diggory)
- Ginny (Ginny Wesley, the little sister of Ron Wesley and later, a girlfriend of Harry)
- Fleur (Fleur Delacour, a French witch, later wife of Bill Weasley)
- Lavender (Lavender Brown, Ron Weasley’s girlfriend)
- Parvati (Parvati Patil, a girl that was Harry’s couple on the ball in The Goblet of Fire)
- Bellatrix (Bellatrix Lestrange, a cruel Death Eater, cousin of Sirius Black)
- Narcissa (Narcissa Malfoy, blue-blooded Death Eater, a mother of Draco Malfoy)
- McGonagall (Profesor Minerva McGonagall, a brilliant yet strict teacher and patron of Gryffindor house)
- Hufflepuff (Helga Hufflepuff, a patron of Hufflepuff house in Hogwarts
- Ravenclaw (Rovena Ravenclaw, a patron of Ravenclaw house in Hogwarts)
Harry Potter male wizard cat names:
- Dumbledor (headmaster of Hogwarts School of Magic and Wizardry, one of the most powerful living wizards)
- Gryffindor (Goderich Gryffindor, a patron of Gryffindor house in Hogwarts)
- Slytherin (Salazar Slytherin, a patron of Slytherin house in Hogwarts)
- Sirius (Sirius Black, Harry Potter’s godfather, one of the Aurors)
- Lupin (Remus Lupin, a teacher in Hogwarts, one of Harry’s father’s best friends, a werewolf)
- Voldemort (the main enemy of Harry, one of the most powerful living wizards that entered a dark path)
- Grindelwald (the most powerful warlock in history, he appears in “Fantastic Beasts” series)
- Scamander (Newt Scamander, an author of “Fantastic Beasts” book, a scientist that chases magical animals worldwide)
Witchy black cat names
Black cats are associated with bad luck, but it doesn’t stop us from loving them! Many black kitties left their mark on pop culture. If yours also has a black coat, one of the names below may be a great match!
- Salem (Sabrina, the teenage witch)
Salem is actually a human trapped in a cat’s body. The audience loved him for his sarcastic comments and ambitious plans to conquer the world and get back his human form. He’s not a typical cutie, and he always gives bad advice to Sabrina, but in the end, it’s hard not to like him.
- Behemoth (The Master and Margarita)
A demonic cat from the iconic Bulhakov’s book loves to joke and play around. Plus, he’s not a typical feline. He walks on two paws, uses cutlery, and drinks like a fish!