Aussalier – Looks and Size
The Aussalier is a small to medium-sized dog. They weigh between 16 and 35 pounds, and stand 13 to 16 inches tall. They have a single or double coat, which can be straight or wavy; weatherproof or silky. It comes in all color combinations of the parent’s coats. The most common colors are black, blue, and red merle.
They have big ears sitting high on their heads, round brown or icy blue eyes, and a long tail. With such a cute look, no wonder they’re growing popular!
Aussalier – Temperament and Personality
This breed of dog is very friendly. They are outgoing and excitable, which means they require a lot of attention. They’re also very smart, which can lead to them getting into mischief if they’re bored.
What Are Their Energy Levels?
The Aussalier is a high energy dog that needs a lot of exercise. They need at least an hour of vigorous exercise a day, and a lot of mental stimulation. If they don’t get enough exercise, they can become destructive.
Do They Get Along With Other Pets?
The Aussie Cavalier Mix is a social breed that does well with other pets. They are particularly good with dogs and children. However, they may try to herd smaller animals such as cats.
Aussalier – Health Concerns
Since this hybrid breed is new, we don’t know much about their health. They can live between 12 and 15 years in good condition. However, they can be expected to be prone to the same conditions as their parent breeds. These include:
- retinal dysplasia,
- heart murmurs.
How to Care for an Aussalier?
Aussaliers are high-maintenance dogs that need quite a lot of care. They need to be brushed several times a week, and if they’ve inherited the silky coat of a Cavalier, conditioner will help to keep it shiny. Trim their nails and the fur on their paws when they grow too long, and clean their ears weekly.
How Much do Aussalier Puppies Cost?
Since the Aussalier is a hybrid breed, their pricing will vary depending on which breeder you go to – and whether they health test, offer health guarantees and socialize the litters well. The price range for an Aussalier puppy is $800-$2000.
Where Do Aussaliers Come from?
The Aussalier is a newly recognized hybrid, a cross between either a toy or miniature Australian Shepherd and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. The first litter of this breed was listed online in 2013 by Pinewood Cavapoos. They aimed to create a dog that’s lightweight like the King Charles, but energetic like the Aussie.
Will This Dog Breed Work for You?
The Aussalier may not be the best choice for a first-time dog owner. They require a lot of attention and exercise, which may be too much work for someone new to it. However, they make excellent pets for people who are experienced dog owners and can provide them with the care they need.
Since they can suffer from separation anxiety, the Aussalier is not a good choice for someone who works long hours. They are best suited to a home where they will be with their family most of the time.
Fun Facts about Aussaliers
- They’re also known as Aussie Cavaliers.
- Their Cavalier King Charles Spaniel ancestors are known for their laid-back nature and laziness. Australian Shepherds, on the other hand, are very energetic. Their puppies can fall anywhere in between!
Do Your Research and Shower Your Pup with Attention
If you think the Aussalier is a good fit for your lifestyle, do some research before buying one. Talk to breeders and read up on the breed’s temperament and health concerns. And be prepared to give your pup a lot of love and attention – they’ll definitely need it!
- Golden Cavalier – A Golden Retriever And A Spaniel Mix, Also Known As Petite Retriever
- The Comprehensive Guide to Cockaliers: Everything You Need to Know About This Magnificent Cocker Spaniel Mix Breed
- Cavachon Breed Dog – What Are These Adorable Dogs Like?
- Aussie Poms – A Hybrid Dog Breed Also Known As A Fluffy Love Bag
- Parenting, Grooming and Temperament Description of the Australian Shepherd Lab Mix. All You Need to Know about Aussiedors
- Cavapoo dog breed – everything you need to know before you spend $2,000 on a cute Cavapoo puppy
- Cutest Dog Breeds – Which Dogs are the Cutest According to Science?
- The Australian Retriever: A Comprehensive Guide to the Australian Shepherd Golden Retriever Mix