Much like humans, dogs love french fries. Can Dogs Eat French Fries? Yes, they can, but only in moderation. They’re high in fat and salt which isn’t good for them. As long as your dog isn’t eating them all the time, french fries can be a occasional snack for your pup. It’s important not to overfeed them with this unhealthy treat. Consult with your veterinarian if you have any questions about what is safe for your dog to eat.
What Makes French Fries Bad for Dogs?
While the name “French fries” might sound very tempting to dogs, they contain some ingredients that can be toxic to canines. The main toxin found in French fries is acrylamide, which is a carcinogen that can cause cancer in pets. In large quantities, this chemical can also lead to other health problems such as kidney damage and nerve damage.
Another problem with french fries is that they are often heavily salted. This can make dogs very thirsty and can also lead to salt poisoning if dogs eat too many salty foods. Too much salt can also cause electrolyte imbalances, which can be life-threatening. Unfortunately, the answer to “Can dogs eat French fries?” is no. While your pup might be persistent in asking for them and even begging with those cute eyes, it would not turn out well eventually, since these snacks are very unhealthy!
What if My Dog Ate Some Fries?
Apparently, most dogs don’t like French fries. But if your did eat some, then you’ll have to watch him for a while and make sure he can go to the bathroom normally. On a side note, if you feed your dog too many French fries every day, it can cause pancreatitis. It’s best to give it treats that are good for dogs instead! (read below)
If my dog ate some french fries, will she be okay? It should be okay, but keep an eye on her over time just in case anything unusual happens such as vomiting or diarrhea… If there was any sign of distress from her body language (e.g. pacing around), call her doctor immediately!
Also, give your hound a lot of water if it was fed fries. It can help make up for the lack of water in their body.
Wait a Minute. Why Does Your Dog Eat French Fries?
Your dog eats french fries because it’s captivated by your behavior! Dogs are social animals, and they learn from you. Whenever you do something, be it eating a hamburger or going to the park, your dog learns that this particular action is worth doing. Moreover, it hears the potato chip’s crunchy sound you make! We have a tip for you: Drop those Mcdonald’s fries and switch to other human and dog treats!
Healthy Alternatives to French Fries. Safe for Your Dog!
- If you’re looking for a snack that’s healthy and low in calories, try out sweet potato fries instead.
Here’s a fun fact you might not know: sweet potato fries have more vitamins than traditional french fries!
So next time your pup is growling for some of your fries, feed him the sweeter option. He will be more than happy.
- In the rare case that your faithful mongrel loves french fries, give it carrot sticks and apple sticks instead. They contain nutrients they need to keep their teeth healthy while providing the same crunchy texture that makes french fries so desirable.
- If you’re looking for something to feed your friend that’s a little different than the usual, here’s an idea. Instead of giving her chips or other unhealthy snacks, which are toxic to dogs, give her some baked potatoes cut into slices. No seasonings or spices!
- Fruit and berries have no salt and fat. That is what your dog needs.
Overall verdict. Can Dogs eat french fries?
You may have heard that french fries are unsafe for dogs to eat. But what makes them so unhealthy? French fries contain potato, vegetable oil and salt which can cause an upset stomach in your dog if they consume too much of it. What happens when a dog eats french fries? The ingredients in the potatoes and oils make your pup’s stomach churn and could lead to diarrhea or vomiting. This is why we recommend you avoid feeding your pet any type of fry! However, there are other healthy snacks like edamame beans (protein) or bananas (potassium). If this answered your question “Can dogs eat french fries?”, then get started with these options today! Your furry friend will thank you later.
- What Foods Can Dogs Not Eat? List of Toxic Food Dogs Should Never Eat. Poisonous Human Foods Dogs Must Avoid
- Can Dogs Eat Doritos? The Problem with Feeding Your Dog Tortilla and Potato Chips
- Is Tomato Sauce Bad for Dogs? Can Dogs Eat Ketchup? Read Our Tips Before You Let Your Dog Eat Tomato Salsa
- Can Dogs Eat Yams Without Concerns? Are Sweet Potatoes Safe For Our Furry Friends?
- Can Cats Eat Popcorn? Is Popcorn Safe For Cats?
- Can Cats Eat Potatoes? Are Potatos Safe For Cats?
- Can Dogs Eat Sesame Seeds? The Benefits of Feeding Your Dog Sesame
- Do You Have a Sweet Potato Loving Dog at Home? Are You Wondering: Can Dogs Eat Sweet Potatoes? The “Yammy” Dog Quest