We all know that choosing a dog’s name is a very important decision. After all, you will be calling your furry friend by this name for the rest of his or her life! So why not pick a funny name that will make you and everyone else laugh? Check out this hilarious list of fun dog names for people with a sense of humor!
Fun Dog Names for Small Dogs
Small dogs are great little companions and perfect for apartment living! They need special care, as they can be more delicate than larger breeds. One of the best ways to keep your dog happy is to give him a fun name that suits his personality. Here are some suggestions for fun dog names for small dogs:
- Widget – a perfect name for a small and active dog who loves to play;
- Scrappy – a good choice for a feisty little dog who doesn’t know his own size;
- Gizmo – an ideal name for a small and curious dog who is always exploring;
- Pixie – a great name for a small dog who always seems to be getting into mischief;
- Cupcake – a fun name that suits a tiny, cute little dog with an appetite for treats!
Let’s stop right here. If your dog likes treats, consider naming him Biscuit, Snickers, Peanut, M&M, Twix, or Oreo!
Funny Names for Big Dogs
Do you have a big dog? If so, what do you call him or her? Here are some fun dog names for big dogs that might make you chuckle:
- Godzilla – a great name for a furry friend with impressive stature. This one is sure to get a few laughs from your friends;
- King Kong – a classic name that is sure to be a hit with all the big dog lovers out there;
- The Beast – a great name for a big, scary dog that will protect your home from all kinds of danger;
- Terminator – another great choice if you want to give your big dog an intimidating name. He’ll be sure to do a good job of protecting you no matter what!
Need more ideas? Consider Jabba the Hutt, Hulk, Bigfoot, Doggy, or Buddy!
Funny Dog Name Inspired by Pop Culture
Here are a few fun dog names to choose from, inspired by culture and cartoons:
- Scooby-Doo – this is a classic name that has been in use for decades, and it will be sure to make your dog stand out from other pups;
- Spuds Mackenzie – many people may remember this famous dog from his Bud Light commercials, but some pups can relate to the pup’s party-loving habits;
- Goofy – what list of funny dog names would be complete without this classic Disney character? He is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face, just like your furry friend does;
- Gidget – This adorable character from the movie “The Secret Life of Pets” is sure to make everyone smile, just like your furry friend does on a daily basis;
- Pluto – this classic Disney character is sure to be a hit with anyone who watches you walk down the street with your dog by your side.
Funny Human Names for Dogs
There are many different types of names you could choose for your dog. You can pick something short or long, silly or serious, quirky or classic. Here are just a few of the many names out there that will make you and your dog laugh:
- Ewok – this is a great name if you have a small dog that looks like an Ewok from Star Wars. It’s also a cute fit for any dog who loves to cuddle;
- Pugsley – if you love the Addams Family, this is a great name for your pug or other small breed dog. It’s silly and fun, but it still has some spunk to it too;
- Harvey Dent – another great name for dogs who love ruffling feathers and getting into mischief, this one was inspired by the Batman movie series;
- Fido – this is a classic dog name that has been around for centuries. It’s Latin for “faithful,” so it’s perfect for a loyal dog.
Funny Dog Names for a Pooch
There are many people out there who love dogs but don’t want to name their pooch something boring. If you’re one of those people, then this list of fun dog names is for you! Here are some of the funniest names for dogs that we could find:
- Sir Barks-a-Lot – this is a great name for a dog that loves to bark;
- Lady Snifferbottom – this is a hilarious name for a female dog that loves to sniff everything;
- Duke Droolerson – this is a perfect name for a male dog that drools a lot;
- Princess Pees-a-Lot – this is a great name for a female dog that loves to pee everywhere;
- Lord of the Farts – this is a hilarious name for a male dog that farts a lot.
Punny Dog Names for Your Pup
Some of the best punny dog names are those that incorporate common words and phrases in a clever way. For example, Kibble is a great name for a small dog, or Paws for a big one. Other good choices include Barky and Waggy.
If you want to go even sillier, try out some food-based names like Hot Dog, Burrito, or Pizza Pup. Or how about some pop culture references like Hairy Pawter (for a Harry Potter fan)?
Funny Girl Dog Names
Funny names for female dogs are aplenty – from sassy to silly, there’s bound to be one that’s perfect for your puppy. Check out our list of some of the most popular funny names for dogs below, and see if any of them make you giggle:
- Barbie Q;
- Bella Nutella;
- Bubble Butt;
- Chewbacca Mom;
- Couch Potato;
- Jelly Belly;
- Sassy Señorita.
Which one of these fun dog names is your favorite? Did you find inspiration in our article? Let us know in the comments!
- Weird Dog Names – Choose the Best One for Your Pup. List of Unique Dog Names to Stand Out From the Crowd
- Star Wars Dog Names. Full List of Name Ideas for Your Jedi Dog and Their Meanings
- Best Dog Names That Start With ‘J’: Name Ideas for Female and Male Dogs
- The Best Country Dog names of 2021 – Southern Dog Name Ideas for Your Pup
- Dog Names That Start With ‘D’: Best Name Ideas For Your Pup
- Best Dog Names That Start With P: Boy Dog and Girl Dog Name Ideas
- Best Red Dog Names Ever! Read This Article if You Have a Fiery Pup With a Ginger Coat!
- Best Dog Names That Start With L: Find The Perfect Name For Your Puppy