|Type of Food||Small Breed Name||Medium Breed Name||Large Breed |
From popular food-themed names like Oreo and Olive to more unique options like Wonton and Gouda, there’s something for everyone on this list. Trust us, your foodie friends will be impressed with your pup’s name – even if they don’t share your taste in food! So, what are cute food names? Without further ado, here are some of the best food dog names around.
Names for Dogs Cute as Dessert
If you’re lucky enough to have a pup with a sweet personality, why not give them a name to match? From classic desserts like Brownie and Chocolate to more unique options like Biscotti and Tiramisu, there are tons of food names that are perfect for your sugar-sweet pup. So, what is a sweet name for a dog? Here are 15 that sound sweet:
- Lava (Cake).
Who wouldn’t want to meet a pup named Praline or Tiramisu? We can just imagine the adorable food-themed photos you’ll be able to post on social media with a name like that! And if you’re looking for something a little less common, try one of the other names on this list.
Dog Names as Delicious as Dinner
There are plenty of food dog names on the savory side. From classic comfort food names like Mac & Cheese and Meatball to international dishes like Sushi and Tamale, there are tons of food-inspired options to choose from. Here are 15 that we think sound delicious:
- Barley: barley is a type of grain that is known for being healthy and nutritious. So if you’re looking for a name that reflects your dog’s healthy lifestyle, Barley is a good option. Finally, the word “barley” has a nice ring to it and sounds quite mellifluous when spoken aloud.
- Brisket: a good name for an energetic/athletic/food-loving dog who needs a lot of exercise. This can be said in many different ways—Briss-ket, Brixhkett, Bruxkett… the options are limitless!
- Cabbage: if a man gets home and is grumpy, he walks in and shouts “CABBAGE!”, he’ll be happier like never before (and that every day!)!
- Gumbo: it’s a super idea because it’s creative and it reflects people’s beloved comfort foods that are full of flavor and have the perfect combination of spice and richness – just like your pup!
- Kasha: a good name for a dog that loves carbs, or is particularly fond of your kasha (buckwheat) cereal.
- Mac & Cheese: this name captures the essence of friendship, youth, family, and fun.
- Meatball: it’s a great name for a dog because it’s cute and playful, like most dogs. Well, not for vegetarians though!
- Noodle: just because it’s cool and noodly…apart from that, who doesn’t like noodles?
- Pierogi: this is a great name for a dog that’s lovable, but also has some sass! This can be said in many different ways—Pyer-oh-gee, Pee-er-oh-gee, Pey-er-oh-gee… Again, you get limitless options!
- Quinoa: this grain is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet, so it’s no surprise it’s also an excellent name for your dog.
- Rice: naming your dog “Rice” is a perfect choice because not only is it a delicious food source that has been enjoyed for thousands of years, but its meaning of abundance and prosperity is sure to bring your furry friend good luck!
- Roast: if your pup is brown and black combined, there’s no better name!
- Sausage: a fantastic name for your Dachsund! Period!
- Stew: because it’s hot, and you want to name your dog after something that can withstand the heat.
- Tamale: because it’s delicious and you want to give your dog a delicious name (and because it sounds so sexy: “Tamaaaaale”).
Whether you’re a foodie or not, we think you’ll be able to find the perfect food-inspired name for your pup on this list. And if you’re stuck between a few options, why not try smell testing with your pup? They might just have a preference for their new name! Whatever you do, remember that your dog can’t have a name that is too long. What’s the significance of naming your dog properly? Read The Art and Science of Naming a Dog and be rational (or not!🤣).
My dogs don’t have food names but I have tons of friends and patients who do and it is so much fun! One of my Kenyan friends has a very lazy and sleepy dog that loves soured milk a lot! So she called her dog MAZIWA LALA because in Swahili it literally means sleeping milk, but of course it’s known as soured milk. How cool is that?
Cheese Inspired Dog Names
If you told us you don’t like cheese, we might judge you a little. Cheese is one of the most versatile and delicious food groups out there, so it’s no surprise that there are tons of food dog names inspired by everyone’s favorite dairy product. Here are 10 that sound surprisingly well as dog names:
Whether you’re a fan of sharp, aged cheeses or soft, creamy ones, there’s definitely a cheese-inspired name on this list for your pup. If you’re looking for something a little out of the box, try one of the more unique options like Danbo or Gruyère. Your pup will be the talk of the town – or at least, the dog park!
Chinese, Korean and Japanese Food Dog Names
Asian food is some of the best in the world, so it’s no surprise that there are tons of food dog names inspired by dishes from China, Korea, and Japan. Here are 10 that we think sound good:
If you’re looking for a food-inspired name that’s a little different from the rest, try one of these Asian-inspired options. Your pup will be sure to stand out from the pack with a unique name like Wagyu or Yakult! Just make sure your dogs loves its name:
Mexican Food Dog Names for Spicy Pups
Are you a fan of spicy food? If so, you’re in luck – there are tons of food dog names inspired by Mexican and spicy dishes. From classic options like Chili and Taco to more unique ones like Fajita, there are plenty of food-inspired names to choose from. Here are 10 that we would love to hear in the dog park:
- Burrito: only if your pup looks like a burrito 🤣.
- Chipotle: it stands for the bravery of your pup with its spicy yet bold flavor!
- Chili: well your dog is 🌶️ HOT🌶️!
- Elote: because this dog is sweet, like the corn.
- Fajita: your dog is 🌶️ SPICY 🌶️!
- Guac: your pup’s color is hard to determine, so why not name him/her Guacamole?
- Pepper: because the dog has a nice and round shape, just like a dash of pepper.
- Salsa: It’s a perfect name for a dog who is always ready to party and dance.
- Taco: The dog looks very tasty and it can be eaten in many ways.
- Taquito: What better way is there to describe an adorable pup than “tiny taco”?
Feeling hungry yet? We know we are! If you’re looking for a food-inspired name for your pup that’s sure to make them stand out, try one of these Mexican options.
Unique Dog Names Inspired by Obscure Dishes
Not a fan of the more popular ideas? Don’t worry – there are plenty of more obscure foods you can name your pet after. Here are 10 food dog names that may spark the question ‘what’s that?’. If this is the first time you’re hearing about these dishes, maybe it’s time to try some!
We bet not many of your friends have tried these dishes, let alone named their pets after them. Your pup will be sure to turn heads – and maybe even inspire someone to try a new food!
Have You Found the Perfect Name for Your Little Glutton?
We hope you enjoyed this list of food dog names! We’re sure you’ll find the perfect name for your pup, regardless of their breed and whether they’re male or female.
What’s your favorite food-inspired name on this list? Let us know in the comments below.
- Dog Names That Start With B | 65+ Male and Female Dog Name Ideas
- Dog Names That Start With C: The Best of Puppy Names
- Southern Dog Names: 120+ Best Ideas for Southerners and Country Lovers
- Dog Names That Start With M: Unique Names for Your Boy or Girl Dog
- Weird Dog Names – Choose the Best One for Your Pup🐶
- Red Dog Names for a Fiery Pup With Shiny Ginger Coat!
- Korean Dog Names With Meanings – 45+ Cute and Amazing Puppy Names
- French Cat Names With Meanings: 75 Name Ideas With a Parisian Flair