| Purebred? ➡️|
|History||Catherine, Cleopatra, Hatshepsut||Curie, Lovelace, Sybil|
|Fiction||Arya, Leia, Xena||Buffy, Rey, Zoë|
|Mythology||Bastet, Freya, Hera||Flidais, Henwen, Olwen|
|Names Meaning “Strong”||Enzi, Kiah, Shakti||Bree, Maude, Zelda|
|Symbols of Strength||Mjölnir, Uruz, Vajra||Eagle, Hamsa, Phoenix|
How would you describe a powerful female? She’s probably confident, independent and knows what she wants. If that sounds like your cat, then she needs a name that will reflect her inner strength. And there are plenty of powerful female cat names to choose from – you just need to know where to look.
History-Inspired Powerful Female Cat Names
One place to start is with powerful women from history. These ladies made their mark on the world and their names are still remembered today. So why not give your cat a name that will stand the test of time? Here are 15 ideas for powerful female cat names inspired by leaders, scientists and heroines of the past.
- Amelia (Earhart);
- Catherine (the Great);
- Chien-Shiung (Wu);
- Claudette (Colvin);
- Curie (Marie);
- Indira (Gandhi);
- Joan (of Arc);
- Lovelace (Ada);
- Rosalind (Franklin);
- Sojourner (Truth);
- Sybil (Ludington);
- Wu (Zetian);
Don’t these names sound regal and powerful? If you’re looking for a name that’s both feminine and strong, then one of these might be perfect for your kitty. And if you’d prefer something more light-hearted, keep reading!
Did You Know… 🔍The structure of DNA was discovered by Rosalind Franklin, a British woman who had a PhD from Cambridge University in physical chemistry. In such a male-dominated field, her contributions are all the more remarkable. All the above women have inspired generations, and in many cases changed history. We hope they inspire you to find a special name for your new pet!
Powerful Female Cat Names From Movies and Books
If you’re a fan of fiction, then you’ve probably come across some powerful female characters. These inspiring ladies are often tough and independent – just like your cat! It’s a good idea to give her a name that comes from one of your favorite stories. Here are 15 powerful female cat names inspired by movies and books.
- Arya (Game of Thrones);
- Buffy (The Vampire Slayer);
- Daenerys (Game of Thrones);
- Eowyn (Lord of the Rings);
- Hermione (Harry Potter);
- Katniss (The Hunger Games);
- Leia (Star Wars);
- Mulan (Mulan);
- Padmé (Star Wars);
- Rey (Star Wars);
- Sansa (Game of Thrones);
- Scarlett (Gone with the Wind);
- Tauriel (The Hobbit);
- Xena (Xena: Warrior Princess);
- Zoë (Firefly).
Do you see a theme here? We think these names are perfect for a tough female cat! They’re all strong, independent and confident. If you’re looking for something with more of a mystical sound, the next section will cover that.
Powerful Female Cat Names From Mythology
If you’re interested in mythology, then you know the names of some powerful female goddesses. These ladies are often associated with strength, wisdom and beauty – qualities you can see in your cat! Here are 15 powerful female cat names inspired by mythological goddesses.
- Artemis – Greek goddess of the hunt;
- Athena – Greek goddess of wisdom;
- Bastet – Egyptian goddess of cats;
- Brigid – Celtic warrior goddess of fire;
- Devi – Hindu goddess of power;
- Diana – Roman goddess of the hunt;
- Flidais – Celtic goddess of cattle and fertility;
- Freya – Norse goddess of love and war;
- Henwen – a figure in Welsh mythology that gave birth to a monstrous cat;
- Hera – Greek goddess of marriage and queen of the gods;
- Isis – Egyptian goddess of motherhood and magic;
- Nike – Greek goddess of victory;
- Olwen – a Welsh deity who passed trials to be able to marry her love;
- Sekhmet – Egyptian goddess of war and destruction;
- Seshat – Egyptian goddess of writing and knowledge.
These deities come from all over the world – and they make perfect names for cats! They all have different meanings, but they share one thing in common: they’re powerful and feminine. And that’s exactly what you’re looking for.
Did You Know… 🔍The earliest goddess in written evidence was Inanna, later known as Ishtar. She was originally worshiped in Sumer as early as 4000 BC, and was the goddess of love, war, and fertility. Some of her symbols were the lion, the eight-pointed star, and the planet Venus. It’s interesting that in such ancient times, the leading female deity was associated with both beauty and political power.
Female Names for Cats That Mean ‘Strong’
Finally, if you’re looking for a name with a specific meaning, then you might want to choose one that means ‘strong,’ ‘brave,’ or ‘warrior’ in the language it comes from. These 15 names are perfect if you want to emphasize your kitty’s inner and outer strength!
- Adira – Hebrew for “strong, noble, powerful”;
- Alcie – Greek for “strong-willed”;
- Bali – Hindu for “soldier”;
- Bree – Irish for “power”;
- Emlyn – Latin for “rival, excellent”;
- Enzi – Swahili for “powerful”;
- Karla – German for “free”;
- Kelsa – Old English for “brave”;
- Kiah – Hebrew for “God strengthens”;
- Maude – Old German for “powerful battler”;
- Shakti – Sanskrit for “power”;
- Trudy – German for “ruler of the spear”;
- Valda – German for “ruler”;
- Valerie – Latin for “fierce”;
- Zelda – German for “dark battle” or “strong woman”.
Which powerful female cat name is your favorite? They’re all short and sweet, and they have beautiful meanings related to strength. So no matter which one you choose, your kitty is sure to love it!
Unique Names for Female Cats – Symbols of Strength
Do you want to name your cat something unique? Then you may want to stray from the human names and use a symbol of strength instead. Here are 10 powerful female cat names that are sure to turn heads!
- Ailm – an Irish letter and symbol of strength;
- Eagle – a Native American symbol of courage and strength;
- Dragon – a powerful creature in Chinese mythology;
- Hamsa – a symbol of protection and strength in Middle Eastern cultures;
- Griffin – a mythical creature with the strength of a lion and the wings of an eagle;
- Mjölnir – Thor’s hammer and a symbol of power in Norse mythology;
- Phoenix – a symbol of rebirth and strength in Greek mythology;
- Scarab – a powerful symbol in ancient Egyptian culture;
- Uruz – a rune that represents strength and power;
- Vajra – a Buddhist symbol of indestructible strength.
We bet you’ve never met a cat named Eagle or Vajra. These unique and meaningful names are sure to make your cat stand out from the crowd. So if you’re looking for something truly special, then one of these might be the perfect choice.
What Will You Name Your Powerful Cat?
No matter what you choose, we hope you find the perfect girl cat name with a powerful meaning! And if you’re still undecided, don’t worry – you have plenty of time to make up your mind. After all, your feline friend will be with you for years to come. So take your time and choose a name that you’ll both love.
If you have a male kitten, check our other articles on tough and powerful cat names!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is THE Strong Name for a Female Cat?
If you’re looking for the one strongest name for a female cat, it really depends on your individual preference. Personally, I think the most powerful name on our lists is Vajra. It’s a Buddhist symbol of indestructible strength, and it has a sharp and feminine sound to it.
What Is the Rarest Girl Cat Name?
The rarest girl cat name is definitely one that has never been used before. If you’re looking for something unique and special, consider picking a name from an ancient language that means a natural element. For example, fire in Sanskrit is agni (अग्नि) and water in Hebrew is mayim (מַיִם).
What Is a Royal Name for a Cat?
A good royal name for a female cat could be Queenie. It’s a fitting name, as cats are often seen as regal creatures that demand respect and admiration. Queenie is a cute name that conveys power and strength at the same time, making it an excellent choice for a female cat.
Do Cats Have Alpha Females?
No, cats don’t have alpha females. All female cats are equally respected and valued by their peers in a feral colony, even sharing kitten-raising duties. However, some female cats may take on a more domineering role within the group if they feel it is necessary to maintain order and peace.
- Strong Dog Names: 70+ Badass, Fierce and Tough Dog Name Ideas for Your Pup
- Strong Female Dog Names: 37 Tough Women to Name Your Girl Dog After
- Dog Names That Start With ‘A’: Unique Name Ideas for Your New Pet
- Female Hunting Dog Names: 60 Feminine Name Ideas for Your Hound
- Mean Dog Names | 40+ Fierce and Badass Tough Dog Names
- Siamese Cat Name Ideas Perfect for Your Feline Friend
- Badass Dog Names for Tough Dogs (Male and Female)
- Viking Dog Names: Ideas Inspired by Norse Mythology and Warrior Culture