|Trait ⬇️| Gender ➡️||Male ♂️||Female ♀️|
About Boxer Dogs
Boxer dogs are well-known for their playful and energetic nature. Whether they’re playing in the backyard or romping around with their human friends, boxers never seem to run out of energy! Part of what makes them such fun companions is their strong muscles and compact builds. With powerful jaws, strong teeth, and an affinity for biting and alertness, Boxer dogs make for excellent guard dogs. So, what are the best Boxer dog names for your pup?
The Personality of a Boxer
Most people think of boxers as being somewhat aloof, and it’s true that sometimes they may be. But there’s more to the Boxer personality than that. They’re also fiercely loyal and protective, which makes them great guardians. They are also very intelligent and trainable, which means they excel in obedience and agility trials. They’re loyal, protective, and playful.
A good name should reflect your dog’s character, making them feel like an individual rather than just another member of the pack. And there are a lot of great Boxer dog names to choose from!
Editor’s Note 🪶One of my friends had always been a fan of the Boxer breed, so when she finally decided to get a dog of her own, she knew it had to be a Boxer. After browsing through the local shelters, she found the perfect pup and named him Rocky. Her inspiration was the classic movie character, Rocky Balboa. It was the perfect fit!
With that in mind, you can draw inspiration from the movies and TV shows, literature, music and even cartoons to create the perfect name for your Boxer pup. There are plenty of creative ideas out there, so take some time to look around before settling on a name.
Male Boxer Dog Name Ideas
There are many options when it comes to Boxer dog names with a masculine sound. Some popular choices include names related to the strength and energy of these active dogs. Some people prefer names that honor a particular hobby or passion. Other owners might go for a more traditional approach, and some might draw inspiration from popular culture. Here are some of the great Boxer dog names you may choose from.
- Auburn: This is a pretty name that would be perfect for a dog with a reddish or brown coat. It’s modern, but still traditional and masculine at the same time.
- Bruno: This is a very popular name for Boxers and other large breed dogs. It means “brown” or “bearlike” in Italian, and is very strong and masculine.
- Champ: This is a great name for a dog that has been the victor in conformation, obedience or any other type of competition. It’s also the perfect name for the kind of dog who believes he deserves to be on top!
- Gunnar: This is a Norse name that means “warrior” or “fighter.” It’s perfect for a Boxer who loves to play and has a lot of energy.
- Hercules: This is an ideal name for a large, strong dog. It’s the perfect name for a dog who is confident and sure of himself.
- Hunter: This name is perfect for any type of hunting breed, including the Boxer breed. It’s a great name for the kind of dog that loves to chase and run with his human companion.
- Marcellus: This is an unusual but stylish name.
- Jax: This name is short, easy to pronounce, and suits a Boxer dog.
- Sparky: Conveys the fun and playful personality of this energetic breed.
Female Boxer Dog Name Ideas
Coming up with the perfect Boxer name for your female pup can be tough. But here’s a list of feminine names for the Boxer dog breed that might help you decide on the perfect moniker.
- Abbey: A regal name for a stately dog.
- Angel: The perfect name for a Boxer who brings joy to your life, Angel is of Greek origin and means “messenger.”
- Athena: In Greek mythology, Athena was the goddess of wisdom and war. This strong name would be perfect for a female Boxer who is both brave and smart.
- Bailey: A cheerful name for a happy dog, Bailey is of Old English origin and means “bailiff.”
- Bella: A beautiful name for a lovely dog, Bella is of Italian origin and means “beautiful.”
- Ginger: A spirited name for a lively dog, Ginger is of English origin and means “ginger-colored.”
- Hazel: An elegant name for an exuberant dog, Hazel is of German origin and means “the hazelnut tree.”
- Jade: A poetic name for a graceful dog, Jade is of Spanish origin and means “stone of the bowels.”
- Kayla: An elegant name for a beautiful dog, Kayla means “slim” and “fair.”
- Lady: Maybe a bit too formal, but still an elegant name for a stately Boxer, Lady is of Old English origin and means a noble woman.
- Lola: A spunky name for a lively dog, Lola is of Spanish origin and means “sorrows.”
- Murphy: A traditional name for a spirited dog, Murphy is of Irish origin and means “sea warrior.”
- Nala: A regal name for a queenly Boxer, Nala is of African origin and means “queen.”
- Diva: A female Boxer might earn this name if she is high-spirited, full of energy, and loves to be the center of attention.
- Ruby: A ruby is a precious red stone, and this name would be ideal for a female Boxer who has the same luxurious look as the shiny red jewel.
Puppy Names Inspired by Famous Boxers
There are many famous boxers who have earned their place in history for their impressive skills and athletic prowess. Some of these fighters are truly iconic, with names that will be remembered for years to come, while some are fictional characters. It’s only natural that many people would choose to name their dog after one of these legends of the ring. Some popular boxer dog names include:
- Rocky or Balboa: After Rocky Balboa, one of the most famous fictional boxers in the world;
- Apollo or Creed: A fictional character from the movie “Rocky”;
- Clubber: A fictional character created by Sylvester Stallone for the movie “Rocky III”;
- Drago: A fictional character from the movie “Rocky IV”, a Russian boxer;
- Mason: After Gary Mason, a British professional boxer;
- Tyson: After Mike Tyson, one of the most popular boxers in the world;
- Muhammad or Ali: After Muhammad Ali, an American professional boxer;
- Louis: After Joe Louis;
- Robinson: After Sugar Ray Robinson, an American boxer.
Did You Know… 🔍Boxing is also known as pugilism, so these names could also work for a Pug! Also, the earliest evidence of boxing can be seen in Sumerian carvings made in 3000–2000 B.C. Rules of boxing were first documented in Ancient Greece, where it was established as an Olympic game in 688 B.C. But the modern type of boxing came into existence when the Marquess of Queensberry Rules were defined in 1867.
- Dog Names That Start With T: The Best “T” Pet Names
- Miniature Boxer – A Good Apartment Dog for Families
- Best Dog Names That Start With ‘J’: Name Ideas for Female and Male Dogs
- Dog Names That Start With L: Popular, Cute, and Unique Puppy Names
- Gangster Dog Names: 50+ Tough and Badass Name Ideas
- Boxer Dog Breed Information: An Overview of Breed Characteristics
- Dog Names That Start With S
- Star Wars Dog Names. Our List of Name Ideas for Your Jedi Dog