Female Gangster Dog Names
Are you in need of female gangster dog names? It’s only fitting for a tough and strong dog breed like the Pitbull, Doberman, or Rottweiler to be named like a gangster. She must be a handful to deserve a name like these!
- Bonnie – after one half of the notorious Bonnie and Clyde gang.
- Bullion – after Laura Bullion, an outlaw of the Old West and a member of Butch Cassidy’s Wild Bunch gang.
- Calamity – after Calamity Jane, a frontierswoman and professional scout who had a reputation for being tough as nails.
- Ma Barker (or Arrie) – the supposed leader of the Barker-Karpis gang, or at least the mother of two gangsters. It’s also a good pun!
- Mack Truck – the nickname of Opal Long, a gangster’s moll during the Prohibition era.
- Oakley – after Annie Oakley, a famous female outlaw known for her sharpshooting skills.
- Ping – after Sister Ping, a human smuggler from China.
- Ruthless – it just sounds gangster!
- Scarface – one of the best-known nicknames in the world of organized crime, first used to describe Al Capone.
- Winnie – after Winnie Ruth Judd, who was convicted of several murders in the 1930s.
Do any of these names suit your gangster dog lady? Even if she’s just a puppy, she may grow up to be as tough and fierce as these criminal women. Hopefully, she won’t do anything worse than stealing your shoe!
Male Gangster Dog Names
Now, let’s look at some masculine names for dogs. These are perfect for the big and burly breeds like the Mastiff, Cane Corso or Great Dane. Your pup is sure to be the top dog with one of these gangster dog names.
- Al – as in Al Capone, one of the most notorious gangsters in American history and the boss of the Chicago mob.
- Bugsy – as in Bugsy Siegel, a gangster who helped develop the Las Vegas Strip.
- Butch – after Butch Cassidy, the leader of the Wild Bunch gang.
- Dillinger – after John Dillinger, a notorious American gangster in the 1930s.
- Fats – after Thomas “Fat” Walsh, a New York mobster involved in narcotics.
- Gotti – after John Gotti, the boss of the Gambino crime family.
- Hoover – after Larry Hoover, co-founder of Gangster Disciples, who is currently serving six life sentences.
- Knuckles – it sounds like your dog is always ready for a fight!
- Mafia – because what’s more gangster than the Mafia?
- Nino – after Anthony Frank Gaggi, a capo in the New York Gambino crime family.
How do you feel about these names? Anyone would think twice before messing with a dog named Butch or Mafia. If you’re looking for something a little less serious, be sure to check out our list of strong dog names. You might find the perfect name for your pup there!
Dog Name Ideas Inspired by Tough Guys From Pop Culture
These gangster dog names are all inspired by tough guys from movies, TV shows and video games. If you’re looking for a name with a bit of an edge, one of these might be perfect for your pup.
- Bane – after the super villain from The Dark Knight Rises.
- Clint – after Clint Eastwood, who has played some pretty tough characters over the years.
- Diesel – after Vin Diesel, the actor who plays Dominic Toretto in The Fast and the Furious franchise.
- Drago – after Ivan Drago, the Soviet boxer from Rocky IV.
- Harley – after Harley Quinn, an accomplice of the Joker.
- Jax – after Jax Teller, the president of a motorcycle gang on Sons of Anarchy.
- Rocky – after the movie character Rocky Balboa, a boxer who overcame all odds to become a champion.
- Tommy – after Tommy Vercetti, the main character of the video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
- Wayne – after John Wayne, a legendary American actor known for his Westerns.
- Riddick – after the character from Pitch Black, played by Vin Diesel.
Do you like any of them? Maybe you have your own favorite badass characters that you can name your dog after.
DID YOU KNOW…The American Kennel Club (AKC) ranks Rottweilers as one of the most popular breed of dog in the United States. They are also one of the breeds with the highest bite force, making them well-suited for gangster dog names! The AKC also recognizes a number of other powerful and intimidating breeds, such as the Doberman Pinscher, Bullmastiff, and Giant Schnauzer.
Badass Dog Names Based on Their Breed
Are you looking for gangster dog names that’s especially fitting for your dog’s breed? We’ve got you covered! Check out these ideas for outlaw names based on popular dog breeds.
- Pitbull – Jaws, Cujo, Killer;
- Bulldog – Blade, Spike;
- German Shepherd – Ace, Bear, Thor;
- Doberman – Ripper, Tyson, Brutus;
- Rottweiler – Vader, Rambo, Khan;
- Mastiff – Kong, Crusher, Tank;
- Cane Corso – Corso, Grendel, Ajax.
Of course, these aren’t the only dog breeds that look intimidating. Any big and muscular dog breed would suit a badass name like these. So, if you have a tough pooch at home, be sure to give them a name that lives up to their reputation!
Have You Found the Perfect Name for Your Pet?
We hope you’ve found the perfect gangster dog names for your furry friend. Whether you choose one of the names on our list or come up with something entirely different, we’re sure your pup will love their new tough-sounding name.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is an Alpha Dog Name?
Alpha Dog names are typically strong, commanding monikers that reflect a dog’s status as the leader of its group. Popular alpha dog names include King, Zeus, Caesar, and Duke for males and Queen, Athena, Luna, Bella, and Empress for females.
What Are Some Warrior Dog Names?
Warrior dog names are a great way to show off the strength and bravery of your pup. Some of the best warrior dog names come from history, literature, and culture like Samwise, Odin, Hercules, or Achilles.
What Dog Name Means Fearless?
One of the most popular and fitting dog names for a fearless pup is Atreus, which comes from the Greek mythology and means “fearless.” Atreus was the father of King Agamemnon and a king of Mycenae.
What Is the Coolest Dog Name?
One of the most popular cool dog names is Maverick. This strong name has associations with a rebel or free spirit, and it’s perfect for an adventurous pup who loves exploring the world around them.
What Dog Name Means Leader?
There are a couple of dog names that mean a “leader”. Some best include: Sahil, Warrick or Fallon. All three names carry connotations of strength and power, making them perfect for pups that have a leader-like personality.
- Badass Dog Names for Tough Dogs (Male and Female)
- 80+ Badass Cat Names: Ideas for Naming Your Ferocious Feline
- Mean Dog Names | 40+ Fierce and Badass Tough Dog Names
- Strong Dog Names: 70+ Badass, Fierce and Tough Dog Name Ideas for Your Pup
- Western Dog Names: 41 Wild West Inspired Ideas for Your Canine Cowboy
- Aggressive Dog Names: 14 Best Ideas for Tough and Fierce Guard Dogs
- Tough Dog Names: 200+ Best Ideas for a Strong Pup
- Pitbull Dog Names: From Badass Tough Names to Cute and Funny Monikers