|Trait||Female Name||Male Name|
From Ghost to Vampire, there is something for everyone on our ultimate list of Halloween dog names. We have also included a few funny names in case you are looking for a lighthearted option. Happy haunting!
Halloween Dog Names: Popular Choices
Halloween is a special time of year for many dog owners. It’s a time when we can dress our furry friends up in costumes and take them out trick-or-treating with the kids. It’s also a time when we can give them fun, festive names that reflect the holiday spirit.
If you’re looking for a trick-or-treat themed dog name, or a pet costume that’s in keeping with the Halloween spirit, you’ve come to the right place. Below, we will share some of our favorite options for Halloween dog names that are sure to be popular choices this year:
- Ghost – for a pup as mysterious as a ghost;
- Spider – for a pup that loves to scuttle around;
- Witch – for a pup that’s wise beyond its years;
- Zombie – for a pup that’s always ready to party;
- Bat – for a pup that loves to soar through the night sky;
- Frankenstein – for a pup with an unusual appearance;
- Boo – for a pup that’s always up for fun;
- Trick – for a pup that loves to play pranks;
- Vampire – for a pup with an intense thirst for life.
Spooky Name Ideas for a Scary Dog
One of the best ways to give your dog an appropriate fright name is to choose one that has a spooky connotation or meaning. Some ideas for possible Halloween dog names include:
- Nightmare – for a Doberman;
- Skull – for a Boxer;
- Vampire – for a Maltese;
- Grave – for a Rottweiler;
- Scarecrow – for a Chihuahua;
- Bones – for a Bulldog;
- Claw – for a Pit Bull;
- Haunt – for a Grayhound;
- Mummy – for a Great Dane;
- Ghoul – for a Collie;
- Sinister – for a Labrador Retriever;
- Madness – for a Siberian Husky;
- Psycho – for a Poodle;
- Satan – for a Bull Terrier;
- Raven – for a German Shepherd;
- Spirit – for a Beagle;
- Werewolf – for a Golden Retriever.
Our Reader’s StoryEvery year, my family and I go all out for Halloween. We decorate the house with spooky decorations, carve pumpkins, and dress up in costumes. This year, we decided to add a new member to our family – a black Labrador puppy! We knew we wanted to give her a Halloween-themed name, so we brainstormed a few ideas. We finally settled on “Beetlejuice”, which we thought was perfect for a family that loves Tim Burton.
Halloween-Themed Dog Names Inspired by Scary Movies
Looking for a Halloween-inspired dog name for your pet? Why not take inspiration from some of the most popular scary movies out there? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Chucky – from the “Child’s Play” franchise;
- Freddy Krueger – from the “Nightmare on Elm Street” series;
- Samara – from the movie adaptation of Stephen King’s novel, “The Ring”;
- Leatherface – from the “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” franchise;
- Jigsaw – from the “Saw” series;
- Sabrina – from the Netflix series, “The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina”;
- Annabelle – from the “Conjuring” franchise;
- Cruella – from Disney’s “101 Dalmatians”;
- Dracula – from the 1897 Bram Stoker novel of the same name;
- Voldemort – from the “Harry Potter” series;
- Pennywise – from the Stephen King novel, “It”;
- Cujo – from the Stephen King novel of the same name;
- Maleficent – from the Disney animated film;
- Scream – from the Wes Craven horror film of the same name;
- Lupin – from the “Harry Potter” series.
Check out more dog name ideas inspired by Harry Potter.
Autumn Dog Names for Puppies Born on Halloween
Autumn is a beautiful time of year, with its array of vibrant colors and crisp air. If you’re looking for the perfect name for your autumn-loving dog, then look no further than our list of amazing autumn dog names!
- Autumn – for a dog that loves to play in leaves;
- Maple – for a pup with red fur;
- Oakley – for a pup that loves to explore;
- Marigold – for a pup with stunning yellow fur;
- October – for a pup that was born in October;
- Aspen – for a pup with white fur;
- Rowan – for a pup with a reddish-brown coat;
- Ember – for a pup that loves the fire;
- Pumpkin – for a pup with an orange coat;
- Mulberry – for a pup that loves berry picking;
- Hazel – for a pup with hazel eyes;
- Chestnut – for a pup with a chestnut-colored coat;
- Cider – for a cider lover;
- Apple – for a pup that loves apples;
- Harvest – for a pup that loves the fall;
- Cinnamon – for a pup with red-brown fur;
- Ginger – for a pup with a ginger coat.
Halloween Names for Small Dogs
For many people, their dog is like a family member. So it’s no surprise that they want to include them in holiday celebrations like Halloween! If you’re looking for the perfect Halloween dog name for your small pup, look no further than this list of our ideas:
- Witchy Poo – for an Australian Terrier;
- Skeleton – for a Chihuahua;
- Spooky – for a Basenji;
- Goblin – for a Pug;
- Wizard of Paws – for a Bichon Frisé;
- Broomstick – for a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel;
- Pumpkin Spice – for a Cocker Spaniel;
- Hocus Pocus – for a Chinese Crested;
- Howloween – for a Dachshund;
- Elvira – for a Havanese;
- Batdog – for a Papillon;
- Wicked – for a Miniature Schnauzer;
- Halloweenie – for a Pembroke Welsh Corgi;
- Sugar Skull – for a Maltese;
- Potion – for a Pomeranian;
- Casper – for a Toy Poodle;
- Boogeyman – for a Yorkshire Terrier.
Halloween Names For Female Dogs
Halloween is the best time of year to dress up your pup in festive costumes. It can be hard to decide which one is the cutest, but you don’t have to look far for inspiration. There are lots of Halloween dog names for female puppies that are perfect for this scary holiday:
- Willow – for a loving and gentle pup;
- Magic – for a pup that loves to play tricks;
- Mystique – for an independent yet loyal pup;
- Buffy – for a brave pup;
- Rosemary – for a pup with a sweet personality;
- Belladonna – for a pup with an exotic look;
- Morticia – for a pup with a mysterious air;
- Samantha – for a pup that’s always up for an adventure;
- Endora – for a pup that loves the spotlight;
- Salem – for a pup that loves the dark;
- Wednesday – for a pup that’s always up for mischief;
- Hecate – for a pup that’s always up for a challenge;
- Celeste – for a pup that’s wise beyond her years;
- Abracadabra – for a pup that loves to perform;
- Luna – for a pup full of mischief and charm;
- Mystique – for a pup that loves to explore;
- Voodoo – for a pup with an irresistible charm.
Halloween Inspired Names for Male Dogs
If you have a male dog and are looking for some Halloween-inspired names for him, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Echo – for a pup that loves to howl;
- Diablo – for a pup with an intimidating presence;
- Trouble – for a pup that loves to cause mischief;
- Haunt – for a pup that loves to explore;
- Frankenstein – for a giant pup with a gentle heart;
- Gizmo – for a pup that loves to play;
- Trickster – for a pup that loves to play pranks;
- Wizard – for a pup that loves to learn new tricks;
- Howler – for a pup that loves to bark;
- Ghoul – for a pup with an infectious energy;
- Clown – for a pup that loves to entertain;
- Omen – for a pup that loves to explore;
- Phantom – for a pup that loves to roam;
- Toxic – for a pup with an edgy attitude;
- Tarot – for a pup that’s wise beyond its ears.
Having fun? Check out our list of dog demon names!
Unusual Halloween Names for Dogs
You may be surprised to learn that there are a number of unusual, Halloween-themed names for dogs. If you’re looking for an original name for your furry friend, consider one of these great options:
- Cauldron – for a pup with an adventurous spirit;
- Creeper – for a pup that loves adventures;
- Foggy – for a pup that loves to explore;
- Pazuzu – for a pup with an edgy attitude;
- Frankenweenie – for a pup that loves to play;
- Gargoyle – for a pup that loves to guard;
- Mandrake – for a pup with an unusual look;
- Medusa – for a pup that loves to explore;
- Ghostface – for a pup that loves to haunt;
- Nosferatu – for a pup that loves the night;
- Alien – for a pup with an out-of-this-world personality;
- Lilith – for a pup with an alluring presence;
- Scully – for a pup with an inquisitive nature;
- Hitchcock – for a pup that loves to explore;
- Kraken – for a pup with an adventurous spirit;
- Oculus – for a pup with an intense gaze;
- Hannibal – for a pup with a mischievous streak.
Great Halloween Dog Names Inspired by Famous Villains
If you’re looking for a scary name for your dog that fits the Halloween spirit, check out these creepy ideas inspired by famous villains.
- The Joker – for a small, mischievous dog, consider this name from the Batman universe.
- Queen of Hearts – does your dog have a regal personality, or do they just love to play dress-up? This name from the Alice in Wonderland story is perfect for a bold and mischievous pooch.
- Cthulhu – H.P. Lovecraft’s creation would make a great name for your dark and mysterious mutt, especially if they have some “unusual” features.
- Sauron – Lord of the Rings fans will definitely appreciate this name for a powerful, dangerous dog.
- Scar – if your dog is a bit of a troublemaker, this name from The Lion King might be perfect.
- Jafar – whether you prefer the animated version or the live-action remake, this name from Aladdin could work for a sneaky dog.
- Hades – this name from Disney’s Hercules is perfect for a dog who rules the house with an iron fist.
- Thanos – if your dog has a sleek coat and a regal, commanding presence, this name from the Marvel universe will fit them perfectly.
As you can see, there are many fun and creative names inspired by famous villains that would be perfect for your dog this Halloween! So why not channel your inner villain and choose one of these spooky names for your new dog?
Which one of these Halloween dog names is the best? Leave a comment with your top picks!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Cool Halloween Names?
Perhaps the coolest category of Halloween dog names is inspired by everyone’s beloved TV shows and movies. Who wouldn’t look around hearing the name Morticia, Frankenstein or Chucky? Another cool idea is to name your dog after a scary mythical or fictional creature, such as the Medusa, Chupacabra or Cthulhu.
What Are Badass Names for Dogs?
When people think of badass names for dogs, they usually come up with the names of gods, warriors, and superheroes or villains. Thanos, Scar, Sauron, Buffy and Phantom are all badass choices.
What Are Cool Creepy Names?
If you want your dog’s name to be cool and creepy at the same time, consider naming them after a famous killer (such as Jack the Ripper) or a creepy-crawly like a centipede, roach or spider. Or, you could go for creepypasta vibes with a name like Rake or Slenderdog!
What Are Beautiful but Dark Names?
Some names that are beautiful but dark are those of witches, murderous kings and queens, and dark angels or demons. For example, you could name your female dog Lilith, Maleficent or Jezebel. For a male dog, a few suitable names are Azrael, Voldemort and Nero.
What Are Some Forbidden Names?
Although they fit the theme of darkness and violence, you probably shouldn’t name your dog after Hitler, Stalin or a similar figure. It’s also a bad idea to give your dog a particularly graphic name that could make other people uncomfortable when they hear it.
- Scary Dog Names for Male and Female Puppies: Badass & Spooky Ideas
- Halloween Cat Names: Spooky Names for Your Kitty
- Witchy Dog Names: Top 20+ Magical Names for Your Witch Dog
- Weird Dog Names – Choose the Best One for Your Pup🐶
- Dog Names That Start With B | 65+ Male and Female Dog Name Ideas
- Dog Names That Start With C: The Best of Puppy Names
- Alcohol Dog Names: Top Alcohol Inspired Names for Dogs
- Dog Names That Start With ‘R’: The Best Ideas for Your Pet